Advantages of Saline Removal for Tattoos & PMU
So whether you’ve had a bad tattoo years ago, have a discolored tattoo you’d like removed, or just want to get rid of bad permanent makeup, saline tattoo removal is better than laser tattoo removal. At Voga Ink, we’ll give you a consultation to recommend which removal procedure is best for you and if removal is the best way to go for your needs.
Laser Vs. Saline Removal
Reasons to Stay Away from Laser Removal
Although lasers are the most common tools used to remove tattoos, that doesn’t make them the best way to remove those unwanted tattoos or permanent makeup.
Lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colors with a high-intensity light beam. It may be good for lightening the density of black ink but lasers can only remove the ink it can “see”. If the laser cannot see it, it can't remove it.
Disadvantages of Laser Removal:
- Lasers can be extremely painful and cause scarring
- There are limitations when removing PMU or tattoos on the face
- It can change your eyebrow hair color permanently
- It can cause hair to temporarily or permanently fall out
- Lasers can make cosmetic tattoos darker instead of lighter
- Lasered skin may no longer accept pigment after being lasered so you cannot replace that area with a new tattoo.
Benefits of Saline Removal
When you have a tattoo or PMU removed using a saline solution, the pigment is removed from the skin gently. The saline solution is mixed with soothing, skin-loving ingredients so there is minimal discomfort and reactions to the saline.
The saline is implanted over existing permanent makeup or small tattoos using a tattoo machine. The manual work of the saline solution worked with the tattoo gun allows for more control.
When the solution is implanted into the skin, it breaks up the healed pigment and begins to lift the pigment from the skin. As the solution pulls the pigment toward the surface of the skin, it becomes a scab. The scab eventually falls off and leaves a lightened tattoo.
Am I a good candidate? If you have had poor permanent makeup applied or tattoos that you no longer want, chances are you are a good candidate. However, there are exceptions. That’s why we do a consultation before the procedure.
Those that are poor candidates:
- People taking blood thinners or have bleeding disorders
- People with skin irritations near the area such as severe acne, sunburn, eczema, or psoriasis – will need to wait for their skin to return to normal
- People using acids, anti-aging, acne, or retinol products – you’ll be asked to stop these at least 2 weeks before the appointment
- People who have used Accutane within the last year
- People with uncontrolled autoimmune deficiencies such as Lupus or Alopecia can affect the retention of the treatment
- Pregnant women
- People undergoing chemotherapy
How many sessions does it take? Your technician can give you an estimate but it’s hard to know exactly how many sessions it’ll take to lighten the pigment significantly. If more than one session is needed, it’s important to allow 6-8 weeks between sessions for your skin to heal properly.
If you’re ready to get rid of those old, embarrassing tattoos or badly done permanent makeup, visit us at Voga Ink for saline tattoo removal. Give us a call at 913.685.1832 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best! We'll see you soon at 115 E Gregory Blvd, KCMO 64114.