Lip blushing is a form of semi-permanent makeup. Essentially, it is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the color of the natural lip, improving the shape of the lips, giving definition and the illusion of fullness. This treatment delivers very natural results, once healed.
it can also be a corrective service to help even out the tone of the lips.
Initially, the color will be super vibrant, almost like a lip stain. It is important not to be misled by the immediate ‘after’ results. Once healed, the color reduces approximately 30-50% creating a subtle, natural lip color consistent with a “blush”.
If you’re looking for a permanent bright red shade or super sharp lines, this is not the treatment for you. It is typical to shift a couple shades from the natural color. The result is meant to be subtle and soft.
This service requires a $100 deposit to be paid prior to booking. A link will be sent to your email to complete. This amount is applied to your service price once completed. In order to keep or transfer your deposit you MUST give 48 hours advanced notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment. No exceptions to be made.
If pre-appointment procedures are not followed and we are not able to follow through with the service then your deposit is forfeited.
This pricing included a touch up if scheduled within 6-8 weeks from your service. If the touch up is completed after 8 weeks, then the regular Touch Up price will be charged.
Absolutely! If you are not prepared or unable to get the Touch Up in addition to your initial service, we suggest not to begin the process until you can commit to both. The Touch Up is extremely important to put the finishing touches needed to complete your lips. Your lips will fade 30-50% during your healing process therefore it is vital to adjust the color and fill in any areas necessary.
***Under NO circumstance can a Touch Up or any adjustments be done prior to the 6 weeks after your appointment. The healing process MUST be complete before we can work on your lips again.
At Voga Ink we will not under any circumstance go outside the natural lip line border if requested.
A topical anesthetic is applied for client comfort.
A typical lip blushing service takes approximately 2 hours but can take up to 3 hours depending on what is needed.
It can last from 3-5 years depending on the client’s skin and lifestyle habits. It is suggested to get a color boost any time after 12 months as the client desires.
Yes! Please schedule it to be done 4 weeks before your appointment. This will allow for the filler to settle and spread out and any swelling and injection areas to be fully healed.
If you have EVER had a cold sore, lip tattooing will likely cause an outbreak, which can result in loss of pigment. We ask that our clients take their prescribed anti-viral medication starting 48 hours prior to their appointment and after the procedure to prevent outbreak. You can still have lip blushing done!!! We just want to ensure you get the best results possible. Consult with your doctor for any additional questions. If you have an outbreak, or any other type of scratch/acne on the lip area you must reschedule your appointment as soon as possible and will retain your deposit. If you come to the appointment with any type of outbreak, acne or lesion unfortunately your appointment is considered canceled and the deposit will not be retained or transferred.
• If you are a smoker
• Pregnant or nursing
• Undergoing chemo or radiation
• Type 1 or 2 Diabetes
• Keloid scarring
• Eczema, Psoriasis, Keratosis, Dermatitis, acne in lip area
• History of MRSA
• Any auto-immune disease
• Anemia-Pigment may not retain
• Hypersensitive skin
• Taking Blood Thinners
• Using or have used Accutane or Retin-A in the last 12 months
• HIV/Hepatitis positive
• Thyroid or Graves disease-pigments may not retain properly due to medication.
• If you are under a doctor’s care and have questions at ALL about being able to have this procedure, it is your responsibility to meet with your doctor and get written approval.
• If you are prone to cold sores you STILL qualify, but please see instructions above on how to prepare.
• Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, Vitamin E, niacin, or drink alcohol within 48 hours of your appointment.
• If you are on blood thinning medication pleased consult your doctor and have written approval that allows blood thinners to be stopped 48 hours before and after treatment. This written approval must be obtained prior to booking.
• Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. ***It is recommended NOT using these products over or around the tattooed area after you receive your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading and distortion of color.***
• Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the area to be tattooed at least one week prior to your procedure.
• No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
• No Botox or fillers in the procedure area less than one month prior.
• Plan trips or events a minimum of 14 days after the procedure. Due to unwanted elements.
• Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment to 1 cup. This can cause bleeding.
• Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, microneedling or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation 4 weeks before procedure.
• If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
• It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
• If you have existing cosmetic tattooing, you may not qualify. Please send us pictures