Everything You Need to Know About Hand Tied Extensions
Hair extensions are all over social media these days, and for good reason: today’s hair extensions are a great way to enhance your style. You’ve probably heard a lot of talk about hand-tied extensions, but there’s little information out there about what they are and how they can be a benefit for the look you want.
At Voga Salon, our professional stylists are hair extension experts who can help you determine if hand-tied extensions are the way to go for your hair.
Types of hair extensions
Hand Tied extensions are one type of hair extension, but there are other types that you should know about. Your stylist is your best resource for determining which type is right for your lifestyle and the look you want.
- Tape-In hair extensions. These extensions are the quickest and most cost-effective way to add length and volume to your hair. They’re applied without any heat, and you can reuse them three times.
- Microlink hair extensions. This type of extension provides new individual strands of hair joined by an aluminum alloy link that connects to your natural hair. They’re genuine Remy hair extensions that work well for people with curls or waves.
- Hand Tied weft hair extensions. Hand Tied wefts are sewn onto beaded anchors that are connected to your natural hair without any adhesives or heat. Our hand-tied extensions are made with Remy hair and give you lots of options for styling.
High-quality extensions like the ones we use at Voga Salon are made of Remy hair, which means that each hair’s cuticle is still intact. Preserving the cuticle makes the hair perform more like your natural hair, so they’re less likely to tangle.
What makes hand-tied weft hair extensions different?
- No adhesives or heat. Hand-tied extensions are sewn into your hair by your expert Voga stylist using the silicone bead at the ends, so there’s no sticky residue once they’re removed and no worry about hair or scalp damage from excess heat.
- Long-lasting. Compared with tape extensions, hand-tied extensions can last longer because there’s no adhesive to break down over time.
- Styling options. Hand Tied extensions are easier to hide than other types when putting your hair up in a ponytail or an updo because the silicone bead connectors are discreet.
Understanding Hand Tied Hair Extensions
Hand Tied extensions can be styled just like your natural hair using blow dryers, straight irons, and curling rods. Hand-tied hair extensions hold firmly to your hair so there’s no worry about them falling out in the middle of your special day or night.
These high-quality extensions last for about a year, so they may need to be re-positioned occasionally as your natural hair grows out. It’s important to make follow-up appointments regularly to be sure you maintain the look you want.
To get the best look from your Remy hair extensions, experience matters. At Voga Salon, we’ve provided hair extension services over 10,000 times, so we can know which types of hair extensions are best for your hair and the look you want, and we know how to make them look completely natural for a great style.
Hand-tied hair extensions look completely natural and add length, volume, and even color to your look. To try them for yourself, make an appointment today at Voga Salon and our expert stylists will help you choose the right extensions for the look you want. Not sure whether extensions are right for you? You can text current photos of your hair, along with the goals you have for extensions for your hair to (913) 599-4044. Please see our website for more details. To schedule an in-person consultation or hair extensions appointment, call us at 913.685.1832. You’ll find our salon at 13357 West 135th in Overland Park.